How to Study For Better Grades
Firstly it should be clear that quantity of studying is not the guarantee to fetch you the marks or grades but it is the Quality of Study which definitely can.
Secondly the VU has a different way of imparting education. It does not requires you reproduce all what is taught to you. Means does not requires cramming.
Thirdly here in VU there is no chance of relying on guess or leaving some thing as less important. Therefore you have to go through the whole 45 lectures. So you are required to remember each subjects thoroughly. Another important thing is that VU relies more on concepts than bookish language/cramming.
Fourthly marks other than Mid & Final Term papers are very much important which includes the assignments, quizzes and GDBs. Leaving anyone of them will bring your grades down. One very interesting fact about these is that they help you a lot in improving your grade because these are announced well before time and mostly requires a little effort. So just do not take them light.
Now a recommended way of studying especially for those who are doing jobs and have less time. It is pertinent to full time students as well if theycan follow this guideline:-
Get all the handouts and the lecture DVDs.
Visit LMS daily to see any forth coming activity and make program accordingly.
Must spare 1-2 hours daily to study. Now how to study!
- Prep a program and take on daily one subject. All three lectures of the week should be studied in a go.
- First of all read the handout lecture completely and try to grasp as overall what was intended by VU to deliver to students. Again read the lecture very carefully and then underline or highlight the important, catching statements (use two to three different color highlighters) and also where you requires clarification. Must also have the Slides of the lectures available with you. Mostly the slides already highlights the important statements of the lecture.
- If you have the time or a full time student (Not an employee) then watch the video lecture. This will clear all your doubts.
- Any exercise given in the lecture must be thoroughly understood. Any clarification may be asked in MDB form instructor or here at the group.
- Prepare your own short notes if time available. Otherwise just revise the lectures through your highlighted statements.
Next week when you again take on the subj must revise it as per above guidelines. Remember revise all the subjects at least once a week completely.
For any assignment must try to do it yourself. You may discuss it on the http://vudesk.com , at MDB for any clarification but remember copying someone else assignment wont fetch you marks.
For preparation of quiz just go through all your highlighted statements. It will completely revise your lecture in a very short time period.
For GDB must gather all the data from net and old GDBs if any. Then
prepare your own notes and submit.
For Mid/Final Term Exams no extra preparation is required if you have followed the above mentioned program. Just revise the handouts where you have highlighted and revise the short notes if prepared.*
I have followed the same program during my MBA. In spite of time constraints I have managed to get a good grade. I am also determent by following this program you all can score minimum 3.5 GPA and 3-4 As. Only one condition is that what so ever you study it should not be just a time pass. You must understand what you have studied and what you have gained out of current session.
One more thing must also compare that what you are investing and what you are getting. I mean to say that Must always remember that you are investing your precious time and off course money. In return you must be rewarded. So Study and Study and there is no short cut to hard work.
Best wishes for your future.
¤Best Choice..Easy Service..High Value¤