Virtual University Of Pakistan Network
|Starting Date||Monday, August 10, 2015|
|Closing Date||Wednesday, August 12, 2015|
|Question Title||Find the probability|
A bag contains 6 yellow balls and 5 green balls. 4 balls are chosen at random from the bag. Find the probability that
(i) No yellow ball is chosen.
(ii) At least one yellow ball is chosen.
1) Only post your comments on the concern Graded MDB forum and not on regular MDB forum.
(2) Use math type as instructed in the tutorial given in the download section.
(3) Zero marks will be given to copied or irrelevant comments from web or any other source.
(4) Do not put your comments more than once.
(5) Due date will not be extended.
(6) No description will be accepted through e-mail.
share your views about GDB
Best of Luck ...
Number of ways of choosing x number of items out of n is given by nCx = n! / [x!*(n-x)!]
4 balls out of 11 balls (6+5) can be selected in 11C4 ways = 330
4 balls out of 5 green balls can be selected in 5C4 ways = 5
i) P(choosing NO yellow ball) = Number of favorable cases/Total number of cases
ii)P(choosing at least ONE yellow ball) = 1 - P(choosing NO yellow ball)
= 1 - 5/330