URD101
VUPROJECTS
AIOU PROJECTS
VUDESK TUBE
VUDESK APP
IT INTERNSHIPS FB Page
FB Group
DESK MEMBERS

APPLY NOW  | SIT (STEP IN SECURITY) | Ghrapical Password | Smart ETL Tool | SMS BLOCKER

GDB:

Building relations with co-workers

One of your coworkers is a difficult person. His reactions to a particular situation are very strange and unpredictable. Sometimes he doesn’t bother what is happening around and sometimes shows very aggressive behavior on minor issues. You feel that he has a true personality disorder. Would you recommend that he should seek mental health treatment OR adopt some other way? Explain your reasoning.

SOLUTION:

One of your coworkers is a difficult person. His reactions to a particular situation are very strange and unpredictable. Sometimes he doesn’t bother what is happening around and sometimes shows very aggressive behavior on minor issues. You feel that he has a true personality disorder. Would you recommend that he should seek mental health treatment OR adopt some other way? Explain your reasoning

In my Point of view he should adopt some way for tackle this situation. He should develop its relational skills and builds good relations with coworkers. However with the help of following ways good relationship can be build.

1.) Share what you learn.

Why do companies and universities value diversity? Because it provides a wide range of knowledge and experience that people can teach one another. We all come from different backgrounds and have different experiences. That’s true and most of us get that. A lot of this we kind of learn intuitively but share it anyway. What I’m really getting at though is much simpler. Share the stuff that crosses in front of you every day.

2.) Collaborate on projects.

This is especially true of Gen Y who are used to working together in groups their entire lives in school. Hell, my entire graduate school experience felt like group work. Sure, sometimes it’s better to bury your head and knock a report out, but the saying “Two heads is better than one,” is usually true. Brainstorming in a group and letting the ideas build off one another has been a particularly valuable strategy for me.

3.) Review documents for each other.

How many times have you been staring at the same document for an hour and you just can’t get over the hump? How many times is one sentence incredibly awkward and you known that one of your co-workers could fix it in a second? Some people are scared to ask. Others will say they’re in the middle of something, or give you the impression that it’s just not their responsibility.

4.) Go to Happy Hour.

Don’t get drunk and obnoxious at happy hour, but your office should have one. It’s nice to get to know each other outside of the office. When you learn that your office administrator’s husband is in a band, or that your boss likes to smoke cigars it helps build camaraderie. You start to see that sometimes you have stuff in common aside from working the same 9-5.

5.) Really get to know each other.

Going to happy hour helps, but there’s more to it than that. You need to really pay attention to your co-workers, like a coach would his team, so that you know how to approach everyone, and how they operate in general on a day to day basis. For example, maybe you don’t talk to Bridget before she’s had her morning coffee.

6.) I saved this one for you guys. How do you develop better relationships with your co-workers? Admittedly, I haven’t been in the “real-world” work force for very long.

These are just things that seemed to have worked for me thus far, but I certainly don’t have all the answers.

Views: 97

Replies to This Discussion

Advertise Here

nice one liked by me.............!

RSS

Super Active Members 

Sponsers

VUDESK GROUPS

© 2019   Created by ʭIsmail Shahʭ.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service