Virtual University Of Pakistan Network
Project Domain / Category
Abstract / Introduction
The Meteorological Information System (MIS) is a system to gather, store and manipulate
latest weather information and to provide access to historical data. Main purpose is to provide
timely access to weather information, efficient data manipulation, and graphical information.
Aim of MIS is to provide Better information for better decisions by weather observations and
forecasts. It will facilitate visual inspection by weather icons, comparisons graphs and Maps. It
will alert users of hazardous climate changes to keep them safe and to minimize risk elements.
It will highlight informed planning for climate variability and long term climate changes which
will be helpful in planning of travelling, farming, tourism, sports etc.
1. The user will be able to check latest Tropical Weather Maps and Satellite images of
2. The user will be able to see Daily detailed temperature of Pakistan 20 main cities
3. The user will be able to see Daily detailed temperature of capitals of South Asian
4. The user will be able to check Important global and local weather news
5. The user will be able to get Location based Notifications
6. The users will be able to get road travelling and flights information alerts
7. The system shall provide Weekly Farming forecast details (Soil Moisture, humidity,
precipitation and temperature in numerical and graphical form)
8. The system shall provide Hurricane and storms headlines
9. The system shall maintain weather info graphics
Please Contact us at