Objective: To learn the concept of how to write a though paper and how to grasp domain knowledge
Please read the following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:
Assignment should be in your own wordings not copied from net, handouts or books.
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit (zero marks) if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file corrupt.
- The assignment is copied (from other student or copy from handouts or internet).
For any query about the assignment, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. You have to select any area of interest in cs605 topics (also listed below). You are required to write a “Thought Paper” on any of the selected topic. Thought paper will consist of at least 3-5 pages. You are required to answer the following questions while writing thought paper.
- What is the purpose of using this area in software engineering?
- What is the brief introduction of this topic?
- The way/ procedure of how it is carried out?
- What are the advantages?
- Under what conditions it is more suitable?
- What is the impact if we skip that area in software engineering?
- What is the tools/techniques/technology available in this area of software engineering? Give comparison in tabular form.
Topics/Area of interest:
- 1. Software process models,
- 2. Project Management Concepts,
- 3. Function Point Analysis,
- 4. Software Process and Project Metrics,
- 5. Software Project Planning,
- 6. Risk Analysis and Management,
- 7. Project Schedules and Tracking,
- 8. Software Quality Assurance,
- 9. Formal Review techniques,
- 10. The ISO 9000 quality standard,
- 11. The CMM,
- 12. Software Configuration Management,
- 13. Requirement Management Processes,
- 14. Verification and Validation,
- 15. Software Re-engineering,
- 16. Software Re-factoring,
- 17. Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
Assignment related to thought paper of CS605 for the semester Spring 2015 has already been uploaded before mid-exams. You all are required to attempt to write up your respective area of interest by your own effort without consulting any other student's Assignment and avoiding the use of internet or any vu student forum for attempting Assignment.
Your Assignments will be passed through turnitin for having plagiarism checked of the work you submitted in the form of assignment solution. The student whose Assignment material is found >19% copied, will be awarded zero marks. You can create your student account on www.turnitin.com for checking your Assignment plagiarism before submitting to us through LMS.
You may select any of the given topics of software Engineering.
Note: You all are requested to follow the guidelines for smooth learning of the course. Get marks by putting your own effort.
Announcement Regarding Turnitin Accounts
You are required to enroll in VUSE11 class by using the information given below by visiting
www.turnitin.com then you need to click on create account option. Then, you are required to select the student option in create account page. The page appears in front of you to fill the required information for appearing in the class for plagiarism check.
Fill the form by using the information given below
Enrollment password : 12345
- Note: Please note that you need to submit your final plagiarism file generated by turnitin through your LMS account finally, after checking plagiarism of your thought paper, as submitting paper on turnitin could not be graded in any case.
- There will be a single file solution generated through turnitin.
- You may check again and again plagiarism value by using your account on turnitin.