Virtual University Of Pakistan Network
SEMESTER FALL 2014
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (MGT510)
ASSIGNMENT NO. 01
DUE DATE: 8
TH DECEMBER, 2014
Topic: Quality of Products and Services
The prime objective of this assignment is to know the difference between customers’ taste of
quality of product and service.
1. After attempting this activity, you will be able to know the required quality in product and
service based organizations.
2. You will be able to know how both types of organizations meet customers required
quality of products and services.
Quality has been defined in many ways. Some think of quality as superiority or excellence,
others view free from manufacturing or service defects, still others think of quality as related to
product features or price. Today most of the top managers agree that the main reason to follow
quality is to satisfy customers. The view of quality as the satisfaction of customer needs is often
called fitness for use. In highly competitive markets, merely satisfying customer needs will not
achieve success. To beat the competition, organizations often must exceed customer
expectations. There are some specifications, guidelines or characteristics that can be used
consistently to ensure the quality of products and services. Thus, one of the most popular
definitions of quality is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
How do manufacturing and service based organizations meet the required quality of customers’
expectations? You have to mention any two or one (manufacturing and services based)
organization. Discuss with solid arguments. (10 marks)
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome
uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies
and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various websites containing information
for better understanding or visit
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc